You can access the book here : http://wtf.tw/ref/hooks.pdf The ONLY chapters you can include in the paper are Introduction and chapters 1-4 and 6-8
Bell hooks’ book puts the personal experience of love into a larger cultural context. She argues that American society is suffering from lovelessness, despite our being bombarded with images and messages that encourage romantic love.Her book attempts to give a clear picture of what love is and of how love can have important social effects. In fact, according to hooks, love may be “crucial to our survival as a nation” (xxviii).
Write an essay in which you explain hooks’ view of love and how love can be an instrument of social change (not merely personal happiness).Give details from at least four chapters.
- Write an essay of six pages, double-spaced, in a 12-point font, with one-inch left and right margins. Do not skip spaces between paragraphs.
- Your name should appear on every page at the top.
- Number your pages.
- Your essay should have a thesis in the first paragraph. The thesis is a statement that indicates a particular idea or position that you will support. Underline your thesis.
- Your essay must cite and quote the relevant text. A paper that does not adequately cite and quote the text will not receive a grade higher than a C.
- Citations should be in parentheses at the end of the sentence. Here are two examples.
Example 1: Citation involving a quotation.
Bell hooks observes that childhood experience is important to the adult experience of love because the family is “the original school of love” (17).
Example 2: Citation of ideas from the text, without using a quotation.
Hooks argues that lies and deception are commonplace in heterosexual relationships (41).
As long as you are using the same editions of the text assigned for class, simply providing the page numbers is enough. You do not need extended citation information.
- BEFORE you write your essay, make an outline. Staple the outline of your paper to the END of the final draft of your paper and turn it in together. (Essay at front, outline to follow.) You do NOT have to turn in an electronic copy of the outline. DO turn in a paper copy of the outline.
- THIS IS NOT A RESEARCH PAPER. Do NOT consult the Internet, Wikipedia, or other resources in writing your essay. The point is for you to THINK on your own about the assigned texts, not to rehearse what other people have said. You demonstrate your understanding, critical thinking, and writing skills by doing the work yourself, without the aid of others’ interpretations ro research.
- Proofread your paper before you turn it in.
- Papers will be evaluated for spelling, grammar, organization, correct and appropriate citation and quotation, clear thinking, articulation of a thesis, relevance to the assigned topics, quality of writing and expression, and use of supporting details.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."