Chapter 4 Study Questions
1. What is the difference between data, information, and knowledge?
2. Explain in your own words how the data component relates to the hardware and software components of information systems.
3. What is the difference between quantitative data and qualitative data? In what situations could the number 42 be considered qualitative data?
4. What are the characteristics of a relational database?
5. When would using a personal DBMS make sense?
6 What is the difference between a spreadsheet and a database? List three differences between them.
7 Describe what the term normalization means.
8 Why is it important to define the data type of a field when designing a relational database?
9 Name a database you interact with frequently. What would some of the field names be?
10 What is metadata?
11 Name three advantages of using a data warehouse.
12 What is data mining?
13 In your own words, explain the difference between supervised learning and unsupervised learning. Give an example of each (not from the book).
Conduct some independent research on the process of business intelligence. Using at least two scholarly or practitioner sources, write a two-page paper giving examples of how business intelligence is being used.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."