Answer ANY four (4) questions (100 marks)
1. A warehouse is a temporary place to store inventory which acts as a buffer in
a supply chain. With an aid of an example illustrate the role of a warehouse
for the following companies/organisations;
c) Follow Me Shampoo
d) Penang Port
e) Hankyu Hanshin Express
2. Examine the types of operations and activities at the following organisations
a) DB Schenker Penang
b) FedEx Penang
c) MAS Kargo KLIA
d) Lazada Malaysia
e) Port of Tanjung Pelelas
3. You are the Operations Manager for a local manufacturing company and is
assigned to present to the top management a warehouse to accommodate
the expansion for the business in Penang. Justify the factors that will
influence your decision when selecting the location.
4. The company has asked your input during the recent meeting for the
expansion of the existing warehouse facility into a new facility. Indicate the
important parts and appearance to meet the needs in your proposal design
for the company.
5. Explain the warehouse operating principles for DHL Malaysia in the following
a) Work Process
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."