What you see and hear is filtered through who you are. Each person has a different perspective. Your perspective can be influenced by the physical environment: where you are standing, the weather, or the time of day. It can also be influenced by ones mood, by cultural filters, or by past experiences. When you understand what you think and feel and even see and hear is impacted by human experiences, you begin to understand how difficult it is to arrive at pure fact. Technology has an opportunity to impact human ways of knowing, thinking, and expressing.
In this Discussion you will experience the same story in multiple formats: the written word, the spoken word, and video. When you engage with the same material in different formats does this change your experience or understanding of the text?
To prepare for the Discussion:
- Review Sakis?The Open Window?(written, audio, and video).
- Think about your reaction to the different forms of the story and what it might mean for you as a learner.
- Consider how humans use their perspective to understand new experiences by imagining the details of a story.
By Day 3
- Consider the imagery you created in your mind as you interacted with the written version of?The Open Window.? Describe this imagery and discuss whether it helped you understand the story. Did the imagery or imagined tone change when you listened to the audio?? How?
- After watching the video, have you changed your mind about the stories or the characters? If so, describe the change and why you think this happened?
- Since technology has made it easier to share visual versions of written works, does that impact our need to see to believe or influence how easily we understand material we have read but not seen?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."